My girls and I made the best cookies today. They’re so light and fluffy. And addictive. 😉 I’m not a big fan of blogs that go on and on about how the recipe was developed and include tons of pictures. I just want the recipe! I will, however, admit that these were created today because I was out of vanilla extract and I was craving a sugar cookie with flavor, so I grabbed what I had on hand. So without further ado, here’s the recipe for Cloud Cookies!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 -8 ounce bag shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and add apple sauce.
- Add egg, mix well
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Add in the coconut and mix thoroughly
- Shape into 1-inch balls
- Roll in sugar, then place on greased cookie sheet, flatten with a glass
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Cool on a clean tea cloth or a cooling rack.