These are a larger, fun cookie for girls’ night, parties, potlucks, gift baskets, or just because. I like to make a batch, eat one and give the rest away.
- 3 Cups flour (I prefer spelt flour, an ancient grain)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons iodized salt
- 1/4 Cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup Lite Coconut Milk
- 2/3 Cup 100% maple syrup or honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 -12 oz pkg dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 Cup chopped pecans
- (optional: 3 Tablespoons cacoa powder)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, coconut milk and syrup or honey in large bowl until combined.
- Add eggs and beat until well blended.
- Add flour mixture; mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate morsels and pecans.
- Using a clean, wet ice cream scoop, drop onto ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Lightly press centers down, using a clean, wet tablespoon, so cookies can bake evenly.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 2 minutes on cookie sheet before removing and cooling completely on wire racks.
Makes 20 cookies, approximately 5 inches in diameter.