These cookies are AMAZING and totally hide healthy stuff your kids (or spouse) won’t eat. :0) I told my husband I was making these, and he rolled his eyes at me…until he tried them! The carrots add a real sweetness that he wasn’t expecting. You can’t tell they’re healthy by the taste.
- 2/3 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk (nut milks work too!)
- 1 cup flour (I prefer spelt flour, an ancient grain)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup grated carrots (go crazy and add 1/4 cup zucchini if you dare! Just make sure to add another 1/2 cup of flour if you do!)
- 1 cup chopped up 70% dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- (optional — 1/4 cup dried cranberries or cherries)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the syrup and peanut butter.
- Add in the egg and the milk.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda and stir in.
- Stir in oats.
- Add in the carrots and chocolate chips and anything else you’d like. Stir until well combined.
- Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheets and bake for 15 minutes.